- The Jubilee Market is open every day with antiques on a Monday, general market Tuesday-Friday and arts and crafts at the weekend. In the famous covered piazza itself, different stalls operate daily, selling paintings (landscapes of London cater to the tourist trade), jewellery, crafts, and more, whilst street performers entertain crowds.
- Very busy, particularly at the weekend.
- London's foodie haven Borough Market can get incredibly busy with people following their noses to the mountains of treats on offer.
- One half of the market focuses on fresh produce to take home, whilst the other half is food ready to be devoured on the spot; gourmet burgers, hot sandwiches, pies, baked goods, coffees... we're drooling just thinking about it. And don't even get us started on dessert... pastries, macaroons, chocolate, fudge, ice cream... mmm.
- Here at Londonist Towers, we regularly head to Whitecross Street Market for our lunch. Expect street food from all over the world; hog roast, venison burgers, pasta, salads, the most delectable-looking cakes and tarts.
- Tip: Get there dead on 12, or even before. Later it gets busier, and most food stalls have cleared away by 2pm. The Two Brewers Pub at the south end of the market lets lunchers eat their market-bought food inside, provided they buy a drink or two to wash it down with.
- Monday-Friday 10am-2pm
- Taking place at St James' Church on the world-famous street, Piccadilly Market offers different goodies every day.
- Monday is food day, Tuesday is antiques and collectables, while arts and crafts feature Wednesday-Saturday, with items sourced from all over the world.
- Funds raised from the market rent go towards the upkeep of the church, one of Christopher Wren's works.
- Berwick Street Market mainly sells fruit, veg and everyday items, but it's worth a visit for the smattering of street food stalls that appear at lunchtime.
- Different stalls are here on different days, check here.
- The famous meat market is mainly for trade, but is open to the public. Focus is primarily on wholesale meat sales, although you can often buy domestic-sized portions too.
- A few stalls sell other food products, such as olive oils and cheeses.
- Monday-Friday, 2am-7am
- Lower Marsh Saturday Market launched in March 2014 with traders selling a wide variety of food, ingredients and other treats.
- Monday- Saturday, 10am-3pm