Section A of the 2015 CSCS Health, safety and environment revision book (for operatives) contains Legal and Management questions.
Topics covered are:
- General Responsibilities
- Accident reporting and recording
- Emergency procedures ad first aid
Before sitting your test you should be able to answer all questions in this section but here are 10 questions you can use to test yourself.
b) To look after the health and safety of anyone else who might be affected by your work
c) To write your own risk assessments
d) Not to interfere with anything provided for health and safety
2. While working on site you get a small cut on one of your fingers. What should you do?
a) Report it at the end of the day or at the end of the shift
b) Wash, and if it is not a problem, carry on working
c) Clean it and tell your supervisor about it later
d) Report it and get first aid if necessary
3. What should you do in an emergency?
a) Leave site
b) Phone home
c) Follow the site emergency procedure
d) Phone the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
4. What does the word hazard mean?
a) Anything at work that could harm you
b) The site accident rate
c) A type of barrier or machine guard
d) The likelihood that something might happen
5. What should not be in a first-aid box?
c) Safety pins
d) Tablets and medicines
6. What should you do if you have witnessed a serious accident on your site?
a) Say nothing in case you get someone in trouble
b) Tell your supervisor that you saw what happened
c) telephone the local hospital
d) Ask you workmates what they think you should do
7. Which of the following statements best describes a near miss?
a) An incident where you were just too late to see what happened
b) An incident where someone could have been injured or caused damage to the environment, property or equipment
c) A incident where someone was injured and nearly had to go to hospital
d) An incident where someone was injured and nearly had to take time off work
8. Where is the assembly point in an emergency?
a) In the site manager's office
b) At the site of incident or accident
c) In the site welfare facilities
d) At the designate place
9. Which of the following two topics should be covered during a site induction?
a) The site rules
b) Holiday rates
c) Information on local amenities
d) The location of the cheapest car park
e) The site emergency procedures
10. The whole site has been issued with a prohibition notice. What does this mean to you?
a) You can carry on working because it was nothing to do with you
b) You are not allowed to use any power tools
c) You can finish what you are doing and then go home
d) You must stop work because the site is unsafe
1-c, 2-d, 3- c, 4-a, 5-d, 6-b, 7-b, 8-d, 9-a,e, 10-d