Getting a view of the future for the company
- Where does the company plan to be in the next few years?
- What training programmes are available to employees?
- What would you say are the core values of the company?
Removing employers’ doubts and making yourself relevant for the job
- What is the most important skill / character trait for this role?
- How could the ideal new employee best complement the rest of the team?
- What has separated the best from the average with previous employees?
Uncovering any potential problems related to the company and/or role
- What are the challenges faced in the role?
- What are the typical career paths for those who have been in the role previously?
- On average, how long do your employees stay with you?
Ask about the working life there
- What is the company culture like?
- What is a typical day at the company like?
- Who would you have to report back to?
Forging a relationship with the interviewer
- How long have they been with the company?
- Where did they work previously?
- Why did they choose said company to work for and how long have they been there?
Bringing the interview to a close
- What is the process following the interview?
- When can I expect to hear from you touch?
If you're wondering which questions not to ask, we've listed a few examples for you here: Questions to NOT Ask in a Job Interview